Monday, December 1, 2008

"Can you really die from a broken heart? Is it true?"

I was just emailed about this band and I like what they stand for, so I figured I'd post about them.

Rudely Interrupted is a 6-piece band from Australia. They create your standard and straightforward energetic rock. It's got a great groove to it. What sets them apart from most other touring acts out there right now is the stunning and admirable amount of strength and courage within the band itself. 5 out of the 6 band members have some form of disability, ranging from blindness and deafness to Asperger's, Autism, and Down Syndrome. I must stress to you that they are far from a novelty act, their material is original and their vocalist Rory had the following to say about the band's mission:"“We want to show the world what we can do given the opportunity. We write our own music about our own experiences. We use our weaknesses as our strengths."

Most recently, they played the United Nations, being the first and only indie rock band to be invited to play. On Wednesday and Saturday, they are playing at Public Assembly in Brooklyn, and Fontana's in Manhattan, respectively. Go check them out and give these peeps, who have played alongside Feist and Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, some support. Also, if you feel like checking out their tunage, I highly suggest "Don't Break My Heart."




Rudely Interrupted - Green Lights





Rudely Interrupted - Don't Break My Heart

No comments: