Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"Makes me feel like a madman on the run..."

Links to what I cannot embed.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Zero video


It came out two days ago, so if you haven't seen it, do so now.

I enjoy this new direction that they've taken. Yes, it's softer. Yes, it's more 80's-ish, but hey, I love the 80s. And wow their drummer lost a bunch of weight. I'll have what he's having.

Metric - Pre-Order Fantasies

New Metric album is dropping soon. They've had it announced for quite a bit, so again, if you haven't taken advantage of digital downloads, or getting the limited fan edition, might as well.


Also.

Also.

One of my life goals came true.

I met Bono. The musical love of my life. He signed my "All I Want is You" record.


He wrote "Yum..." underneath his name.

I, like the fangirl that I am, took the time to draft a heartfelt letter to the band, and he took it from me gladly, for which I am very grateful. He actually took the highly decorated Indian envelope from me and looked at it and began to sign it and I gasped "No no, this is for you."

And he looked up and smiled and said, "Oh, this is for me? Like a gift?" And I said yes, and he said thank you, and put it into his pocket and said he'd read it later.

I hope he did. It kind of rocked, if I do say so myself.

The photo I uploaded makes him look old, but I figured it'll be there for all the haters, or all those who aspire to greatness as a reminder that everyone is human and we all have our flaws despite years of rocking, tons of money, and excessive fame. So, to my fellow poor college grads, at least we're young and pretty!


I really need to make it a point to post more, because I still love discussing music as much as ever. Life has kept me a bit busy, but hang in there, folks. In a few months, I Wake Up Late will be back in full swing.

No comments: