Wednesday, May 14, 2008

"I asked you nicely once but I won't do that again..."

I never thought Keith Murray of the We Are Scientists could get any cuter.












(images courtesy of wearescientists.com)


Then, he became a puppy herder and proved me wrong.

Damn you, Keith Murray! Damn your gorgeous self and your angled flip of hair. And Chris Cain isn't too shabby either, I confess.

In all seriousness, this is the song they're promoting as their next single. Though I have not put up a review of their album, or said much on it either than declaring my undying love for the band and attempting to unravel the missing Michael Tapper mystery, I quite enjoy Brain Thrust Mastery and this song is up there as one of my faves, even though its back beat at times does sound a tad bit reminiscent of Daft Punk's Robot Rock.

We Are Scientists - Chick Lit



In addition, I will be missing out on their 2 upcoming NYC gigs due to my own global adventures. We Are Scientists and I just can't synchronize our schedules it seems. Every time they are within a few miles of me, I am somehow detained. Alas. One day.

Anyway, if anyone hits up their show at the Music Hall of Williamsburg on July 31st or Bowery Ballroom August 1st, do let me know how it all went down.


And as a personal note to friends of mine, watch this video and tell me if you think Keith Murray is copying my moves. Really. Towards the end of the song, he bops his head back and forth and then purses his lips a la my head bop and merp face combination. I am clearly reading too far into things, but hey, it's a fun coincidence. Birds of a feather and all...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PPC Ad
very hyandy, thanx a lot for this blog -- This is exatcly what I was looking fot.