Wednesday, May 21, 2008

"I'll miss you more than anyone in my life..."

Congrats to Bruce and Nick! These two friends of mine have just moved into their first Manhattan apartment. It should be a fantastic time for them - of settling in, and exploration, and living in and loving a city so grand.

And they're only 5 blocks away from another friend. Fun!

You know, sometimes... okay, more often than I would like to admit, when I am in the city, I cannot wait to leave. Though so much time has passed, (and in alternate meaning than the original intent), I must cite that familiarity breeds contempt. I've shifted my hangouts to a more downtown feel, and while I do adore my friends, it is not so secretly hard to be in some of the same places as not so long ago. To even have a frame of reference. So much so that if right at this moment, I'd gotten into Cornell, NYU, and UMDNJ for medical school, I'd most likely pick UMDNJ and just be done with the whole idea of everything across the river. And I still might regardless of the hypothetical scenario.

What can I say? At times, the ghost of another life haunts me.


Daft Punk - Around the World. This was playing during our Scrabble fun and always reminds me of the classic and brilliant MTV show, Daria.



Here's another good Daft Punk song - Something About Us. This one is lyrically sweet.

2 comments:

Bryn Thousand said...

Fuck medical school.. you should go to NJIT so you can be too NJIT too quit.

Except not. At all. Keeping going at it. Life will be equally as grand and full of opportunities as it is for the boys.

Bed Head with a Borrowed Guitar said...

Lol. Except, I did go to NJIT, so I'm already too NJIT to quit.

And yeah, I'm going to keep going at it. I just don't know if New York is the place for that anymore. I'd be lying if I said that what happened at the end of last year isn't playing a huge role in that decision, but what can I say, events taint places sometimes.