Friday, May 23, 2008

"You're a breath of fresh air to me..."

Because I love So You Think You Can Dance so much, every week I'm going to try and put up a song I enjoy that was featured in that week's episode. So You Think You Can Dance makes some great (and some not so great) musical choices, but best of all, reminds me of songs that I've liked in the past and had forgotten about or highlights new songs.

Though she didn't really stand out to me this opening week, someone did audition to The Time is Now by Moloko (aka Roisin Murphy), and I personally think that is an excellent song to use to make a danceable first impression. It transcends the boundaries of pop and has a jazzier funkier twist than most, in addition to having the strange Roisin Murphy influence that is always present. That girl wound up getting a ticket to Vegas.












Another fun song that is featured as part of montages on So You Think You Can Dance is Sonny J's Can't Stop Moving. I think this represents the show quite well in atmosphere, energy, and lyrics.

1 comment:

Carrie Lofty said...

I noticed that song too but didn't know who sang it. Thanks for the link!