Thursday, August 2, 2007

"You taste like tear stains and could-have-beens..."

She Wants Revenge has a new song out from their upcoming album and it doesn't exactly thrill me. I loved their debut material. It was dark and viciously sexual in a push-me-against-the-wall kind of way. This song, while making positive use of the cowbell, (which I always enjoy and appreciate thanks to Will Ferrell and Christopher Walken), doesn't exactly live up to the previous material.

I'm not so sure what it is, but I'm not invested in the atmosphere of the song. Though it's still sung in the straightforward (but still staggered/jilted Interpol-ish) manner, I don't believe the emotion behind the words. On their first album, the lyrics were delivered in the same way, but they had a punch and a bite that kept me listening. There's a sharpness that's lacking here, but I'm still interested to hear what the rest of the songs have to say.

Judge for yourself:



She Wants Revenge - Written in Blood

No comments: