Wednesday, August 1, 2007

"I'm on the verge of an awakening..."

I was watching the new Siouxsie Sioux video from the upcoming Mantaray:


and I've got to say, I'm not too impressed. Granted, I'm not on the shortlist for Siouxsie Sioux and the Banshees superfans (paging Bruce Brown) but I still expect a bit more sonically.

Siouxsie Sioux's music was totally in the first movie I ever went to a theater and saw: Batman Returns. I had to leave the theater and hide twice during the beginning, I was easily frightened. But soon enough, I was entranced and "Face to Face" (which is playing in the background of the masquerade ball scene when Bruce and Selena discover that they're nemeses as well as totally in love with one another) was the most romantic/sexiest background music that my 7 year old self could fathom at the time.

Still one of my favorite movies to this day.

Once I sort through my 100+ gigs of music to find it, I'll put it up here. For now, simply enjoy the YouTube video.

1 comment:

Earthquake said...

hmm. well, i think that heavy repetitive guitar riff kinda killed it. otherwise, it could have had potential, i suppose. may just be one of those things where the old is always better than the new.