Friday, August 3, 2007

"It's out of control, and I don't care what is happening..."

I've been noticing lately how the music in commercials has been getting better. And by "better," I mean, they're simply choosing to go with an increasing number of established musical acts as opposed to hiring someone to create the background music. From The Go!Team's "Huddle Formation" being in a Civic ad to Sting's "Brand New Day" being played in the background of a Lexus commercial, the cross promotion of artists and products is definitely (smartly) on the rise.

For no apparent reason, I felt like doing a couple of days' worth of artists + their commercials for other stuff.

And because it was overused in *everything,* I will not be putting up The Postal Service for this segment.

I'll start out with Kenna, whose song was used in a PSP commercial where the girl leaves the guy a chip and he has to find her at the Kenna concert. The song drove me crazy when the commercial came out, because I had New Sacred Cow, and clearly didn't recognize the song in the ad from the album. At the time, I didn't recognize the commercial as an indication of forthcoming material. Thankfully, the new album comes out in September.






Kenna - Out of Control (State of Emotion) from Make Sure They See My Face

No comments: