Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"You could blame it on the music but it wouldn't be right..."

I think of myspace as a huge joke, but sometimes, it comes through for ya. Myspace does a lot of secret music shows, one of which was the !!! (chk chk chk) show at Maxwell's. (Another of which was a James Blunt show, I don't know what I was thinking).

Anyway, !!! was insane. They had a bit of makeup on but don't seem to be makeup wearing guys on the whole. I mention this because I feel like the addition of excessive makeup and glamness to the band would take it in a direction that it doesn't need to go. Anyway, enough people had heard of them where I got stuck in the back, but the energy was off the wall and for that sweaty good time, I commend them. They seem to oscillate back and forth between taking themselves a bit seriously (in a good way) and just cutting loose and doing silly things like dancing the twist in the middle of their songs. It's kind of like they hadn't realized that they're professional music makers and still retained that same somewhat juvenile fun of high school or college rock bands. Refreshing, really, because in that kind of atmosphere you can let go and dance and jump around with the audience and just go with the flow of the night.



!!! (chk chk chk) - Must Be The Moon (Hot Chip Remix)





!!! - Hello? Is This Thing On?



Also, before I end this post, I checked my site counter thing earlier today and noticed that over the course of maybe 40 posts, I've gotten well over 5,000 people visit. So wow!! Thank you all for reading and listening! :-D

1 comment:

Bryn Thousand said...

The video for 'must be the moon' describes our lives.