Sunday, July 29, 2007

"Something's telling me this time it will be different..."

I've only recently (two days ago) discovered Girl Happy, and I wonder why I hadn't found these Norwegians sooner. This band is delightful. Their pop-rock music is accessible and has a distinct Beck-like alternative influence on some of their guitaring. I'm not sure to whom to compare them. For some reason, I feel like they'd fit in with a Stroke 9, Marvelous 3, Sugarcult late 90's rock crowd. I haven't been able to gather much information about them from the internet. They, luckily, have a myspace page here. Apparently, the drummer in the band is a friend of the group a-ha and stepped in during a Spanish broadcast. And then they went on to tour with them as an opening act.

I wonder if their band name comes from the Elvis Presley movie?



Girl Happy - Je T'aime from Take it to the Mountains




Girl Happy - Remind Me Tomorrow of Today (I think this video is funny)


Here's Girl Happy opening for A-Ha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I love this band:)