Monday, July 30, 2007

"And you think you've seen the best of me..."

These aren't necessarily new, they're just what I happen to be listening to today. Enjoy!

The Coathangers - Parking Lot. I missed this group at one of my favorite venues, Maxwell's, earlier this month. Their self titled debut comes out September 4th. In the meantime, you can purchase select tracks off their myspace page here. I think they have an amazing energy and are very kickass gals.



The Most Serene Republic - Sherry and Her Butterfly Net. The Most Serene Republic's album comes out October 2nd. Like other bands on the Arts & Crafts label, they're kind enough to open up some songs for download. I was about to rejoice in the fact that this band might be the one act that has nothing to do with Broken Social Scene and any members that comprise that collective, but alas, I just noticed that The Most Serene Republic did a remix of the Stars song "Ageless Beauty." This leads me to conclude all awesome Canadian bands simply chill out together.


You Say Party! We Say Die! - Monster (RAC Remix) The day I started this blog, a friend had sent me the video to Monster. I like this version better than the original. The electronic tinges soften out the vocals (although come off as a bit stark in the beginning), and the chorus is better layered.


1990s - You Made Me Like It. They're opening for Voxtrot in October.



Really odd sidenote, I just logged into Amazon, and the recommended things to buy/explore for me were Patrick Wolf's The Magic Position, Feist's The Reminder, and Corrine Bailey Rae's debut album. Haha, been there done that, amazon.com.

No comments: