Friday, July 27, 2007

"In this town, they don't sleep..."

I've been having nonstop fun these days. I haven't had a completely sober day for a while, come to think of it. This is hilarious to me because I am by no means an alcoholic and if you were to catch me during the daytime, sitting at a Starbucks sipping my frappucino and feverishly reading books while waiting for friends, you wouldn't be able to tell that I love going out as much as I do. Occasionally, said partying overwhelms concert attendance. Here are some songs from concerts I've missed due to drinking with friends. We always intended to go, but cocktails were far more entertaining. I don't regret a second of it, really. There's nothing, say, Patrick Wolf could do that would be funnier than searching for trannies on 10th Ave, taking photos in an ATM lobby, or getting bitten and literally shoved aside so your friends can talk to foreign kids.

Patrick Wolf - Overture from The Magic Position Fun story: When Patrick Wolf was in Boston, he kissed my friend Bruce. Most people could care less, but I adore Patrick Wolf's music, so I immediately squealed upon hearing the news and texted all the fans I knew. Anyway, I had intended to see him in New York, but had a crazy dinner with friends (which included sitting next to an Oz actor making out with a hot pink mesh adorned Asian transsexual hookerish looking person, and wondering why the people at the table behind us were obviously exchanging coke) at Vynl. Later, we wound up taking photos in the aforementioned ATM lobby, and Jonathan bought something like $20 worth of cookies from Duane Reade and lugged them around in the plastic DR bag. How very trendy.



Dangerous Muse - In This Town
I think Patrick and I were supposed to see Dangerous Muse on the day that we both happened to quit our jobs. Instead we went out to Maracas drown our non-sorrows and took a million photos of our default faces (model pout and fiery, respectively). After winning another free brunch at Lips, we wandered to Lit later and talked people's ears off and danced til our feet were tired. I remember waking up the next morning and feeling like utter death. It was wonderful.




Die Romantik - La Belle Musique de Chambre from Narcissist's Waltz which can be purchased from their Myspace page. It was too rainy and icky of a day to go see Die Romantik, so we all went to Therapy and had happy hour drinks and gave a verbal tour of what's hot in New York to a visiting Londoner.

2 comments:

Robert P. Hagemann's Blog said...

No disagreement about how nasty the weather was, but those of us who braved the blowing rain were rewarded by Die Romantik's best show yet. RPH

Bed Head with a Borrowed Guitar said...

Awww. Good to know! I'm sad that I missed it, but I'll definitely catch one of their upcoming shows. Like a lot of things in life, I'm sure they'll get even better with time. :)