Monday, January 21, 2008

"I'm so glad that I'm an island now..."

Oy to the vey. So much has happened since I last posted music here.
For one, I'm making progress in my studying and in work. So yay to that. I've had some unforgettable times with friends before one returns to college. In addition, I saved a toddler's life from oncoming traffic and had to deal (pleasantly) with the attention of strangers. Whew. (And I'm not saying that to be haughty, I'm saying that because it was an unknowing change in my life). I've seen a lot of movies (Daniel Day Lewis in There Will Be Blood destroyed me). Now I'm awaiting the surprise visit from Bruce and Bryn and the chaotic loveliness that will follow. I was just watching a special on Martin Luther King Jr. and happened across a preview for Metric's upcoming dvd of their concert in Montreal called Metric : Live at the Metropolis. Having seen Metric numerous times and proclaimed my love for their sound innumerable times, I'm excited for their dvd release. Wooo! I came across the preview in the middle of a song and it happened to be Combat Baby, which is one of my personal favorites. But the song right after it on the dvd is also killer because of its lyrical content:

Sickness was fixing me some
Coughed my heart in the last stall
Now that the damage is done
I never miss it at all.






Wow.







Metric - Empty from Live it Out

1 comment:

Bryn Thousand said...

Did you ever know that you're my hero.. Hey hey hey.. new feist video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcgfdtkcIW0