Thursday, January 10, 2008

"Having a really good time, I'm not complaining, and I'm a still wear a smile when it's raining..."

Mary J. is often more insightful than I realize. Having heard this song on the radio a lot lately, as well as noticing the video for it receiving some airplay, I find myself really enjoying it.

Honestly, it feels like more of a Janet Jackson song to me than it does Mary J. Blige. Maybe it's in the speed of some of the delivery of lyrics, particularly the chorus, but I feel as if this song could have been equally well accomplished by Janet. Regardless, it's fun, lively, and positive, and everyone could use a little less drama in their lives and some brightness throughout.





Mary J. Blige - Just Fine from Growing Pains







Mary J. Blige - No More Drama at the 2002 Grammy's. I appreciate the energy and upper body physicality that Mary J. brings to her songs.

2 comments:

Bryn Thousand said...

Did you know that Mary J was supposed to do "Umbrella"? I am sooo curious about the arrangement her version would have had. I am also surprised that she doesn't do that much of her own writing... whateve..

Mary J says no mo drama.

Anonymous said...

pussy power