Sunday, December 2, 2007

"I wish I knew how - Your eyes are like starlight now - to break this spell..."

Today was the first snowfall!

Huzzah! I'm not really a fan of snow (only because on worse days it turns to ice), but running into the living room and seeing all the trees just slightly frosted with soft snow, and the sky glowing a bright grey made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. It helped, I believe, that soon after waking, my mom and I made an amazing pumpkin soup, corn muffins, and drank tea/cocoa.

What an utterly cozy day.

This is my favorite winter song. Period. I have an obscene number of renditions of this song available if people want them, but for now, here's a delightful one.




Colin James and the Little Big Band feat. Roxanne Potvin - Baby, It's Cold Outside from Christmas





Ricardo Montalban and Esther Williams. (I enjoy the fluidity of their movement in this one)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is also my favorite winter song. I've got a few different versions also, but my favorite one is Johnny Mercer and Margaret Whiting.

Marie said...

My favorite song too... thanks for posting the MP3 of a version I'd not heard before.