Monday, October 22, 2007

"She be walkin' round actin' all stank. And now she at the party lookin at me..."

Here's the scene. A week or two ago when I was at home taking care of my dad after his shoulder surgery, one of my responsibilities became dropping off and picking up my mom from her workplace - an elementary school in Newark. In the afternoons, the kids would hang around outside, waiting for their families. The first day, I noticed that ours was the only car not blasting rap or hip hop. The second day, I rolled in with some Kanye, and when my mom got to the car and opened the door, the kids turned their heads our way appreciatively. I told my mom I was going to up her music cred by the time the week was out. One song that I heard everyday that it seemed everyone happened to be listening to was Swizz Beats' Money in the Bank.

And you know what? It is maddeningly addictive. I kind of wish I was Harlem shuffling to the chorus right now. Except, I never do that in public.




Swizz Beats - Money in the Bank from One Man Band Man

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks

Anonymous said...

xdcdfwh cab mmboj oral sex videos

fitkz!

nbwjm adqhui ktl girl models