Wednesday, September 12, 2007

"I fought the law and the law won..."

The other evening, I went out and saw an early release of The Hunting Party, the movie based on the Scott K. Anderson's 2000 Esquire article, "What I Did On My Summer Vacation." Though there weren't many people in the theater, it seemed that everyone, including myself, had a great time and while walking out of the theater, conversations on the implications of the subject were immediately started. I had problems with the fictionalized "this is what should've happened" vigilante ending, but overall, the movie was really delightful, suspenseful, funny, and thought provoking all at once. Prior to this, I never truly considered the idea of bureaucracy in hunting for war criminals, but this movie put a new perspective on global politics for me.

In honor of the movie and how much fun I had:





The Clash - I Fought the Law from The Essential Clash






The Hunting Party Trailer

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this was one I missed but I will look to see it now. Intersting soundtrack behind the trailer it sounds familiar but just can't put my finger on it (singer that is)
IRGUY

Googe said...

yeah i was thinking the same thing. this blog is cool, keep up the nice work and if you'd like to trade links i have three indie rock sites
http://www.indierockcafe.com
http://www.indierockconcerts.com
http://www.indierocksongs.com

also, i like your site's layout and design as well. i'm experimenting with different styles to see which work out the best.

cheers!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)