Sunday, August 12, 2007

"All dressed up and dressed to kill..."

Junior Senior had their cd release at Trash this past weekend. Due to other commitments, I couldn't attend. Boo! Oh well.

Meanwhile, I'm wondering why it took so long for this album to be released in the United States in the first place. Hey Hey My My Yo Yo is not actually a new album from Junior Senior. It was released internationally two years ago (almost two years to the day), and is only now being released here. To my knowledge, Junior Senior is already at work on forthcoming material as well. Oh, music industry, you are a curious beast.

I have yet to listen to the full album, but I have a feeling it will be pretty marvelous. It even has contributions from The B-52's and Le Tigre, so that has me interested already.

Here's some new and old Junior Senior to blend into your bright and sunny day.

Junior Senior - Can I Get Get Get from Hey Hey My My Yo Yo


And my personal favorite:

Junior Senior - Shake Your Coconuts from D-D-Don't Don't Stop the Beat

1 comment:

Bryn Thousand said...

I love that video! Apparently Peaches is in it. I haven't seen found her yet.