Monday, July 16, 2007

"Look at that sky, life's begun. Nights are warm and the days are young..."

I'm in Boston for the week!

I've written all these anecdotal posts in advance, so that I way I can just bug Bruce to use his laptop for less than 30 seconds each day and click "Publish Post!" and you'll have something new to read and hear.

I have an infinite number of fun memories of Boston and the time in which I lived there. However, it was the people that made the place for me, and it would be an empty place without them. My heart will be immeasurably full in going to visit and though there are many of you whom I shall see and continue to miss when I leave, I can only fit a handful of you into this theme. Apologies and hugs go out to the rest.



Once when I lived in a dorm on 6 Arlington Street, my roommate Bryn decided to cover up our big mirror with a poster of Bowie circa Aladdin Sane. Because of the way our room was organized, every morning when I'd start the day, it would be to Bowie's face, and if I ever woke up in the middle of the night, the poster would freak me out because I would forget it was there and really, you should try sleeping with a darkened glam rock alien legend staring down at you. Eventually, I think the poster fell, or we just peeled it off and put it elsewhere during one of our massive redecoration fits, but I still remember David Bowie haunting me both pleasantly and weirdly.


David Bowie - It's Hard to be a Saint in the City from The Platinum Collection









David Bowie - Golden Years from Station to Station














There are times while living at 51 Anderson when I don't remember where other people were or what they were up to. Little moments, like staying up late and talking to Bruce while he worked in the kitchen on his design/architecture projects, eating samosas bought from Whole Foods afterwards, or when we walked to Cold Stone and he got a sundae the size of his head.

We went and saw World Inferno once, and I had a really fun time. Perhaps the next time we go to a concert, I will actually be able to finish one full can of beer.


The World/Inferno Friendship Society - The Models and the Mannequins from East Coast Super Sound Punk of Today!





The World/Inferno Friendship Society - The Brother of the Mayor of Bridgewater

1 comment:

Earthquake said...

aww, feel the love. :)