Friday, April 25, 2008

"It's your godforsaken right to be loved loved loved..."

Odd/fun musical story:

I was driving with my family to the closest Best Buy the other night to pick up the In the Name of Love: Africa Celebrates U2 album, when Hungry Like the Wolf came on the radio. That particular Duran Duran song holds some importance to me. At one point in time in college, it was the song I noticed when I thought I had recognized a kindred spirit in someone else. This memory being at the forefront of my mind, thanks to the song, I decided to tell the story to my parents. Upon doing so, I was greeted with a basic question from both my parents. "Just now, why did you feel the need to talk about that person?"

I did not have an answer other than the fact that music of any kind reminds me of people I know. They know this, so I expect they were looking for something further. The song was ending at this point, and I answered, "I don't know, but I let music speak for me and for itself." The moment I said that, With or Without You by U2 came on the radio. And I laughed and said, "See, the music gets it." Right after that? Jason Mraz's latest single. That last one wasn't applicable to the story, I just really enjoy it. It's the perfect song to listen to for this season and for any occasion: Walking down the street merrily, playing it at a party, having drinks with friends, hanging out in the park with flowers, laying at the beach. It's just so lovely.





Jason Mraz - I'm Yours from We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things











Look into your heart and you'll find love, love, love...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, totally agree on Jason Mraz single.

Found this blog via hypem, btw. ;)

Anonymous said...

i love, love, love this video. Does anyone know where they shot it because I need to go there now!
The other thing I like about this video is that it reminds me of another one of my favorite new artists Eric Solomon. Check out his website ericsolomonmusic.com