Saturday, March 29, 2008

"I feel a dawn in me..."

During my brief time in Providence, my phone conked out. Luckily, it's been more than enough time since I last upgraded my cell phone, so I wandered in to Verizon and got myself the phone that I've been desiring for quite some time. In the past, I've been quite attached to my cell phones - mostly due to the photo and text message content. I'm a bit of a freak. If I got rid of my phone, prior to turning it in, I would make a .doc file on whatever word processing program I had and copied over the times, dates, people, and messages that I had in the phone. I'd email myself the photos, and in doing all of that, preserve the memories I'd made.

Lately though, I've been feeling the restless desire to blank everything out. So I activated my new phone, and said goodbye to the past without copying anything over. :)

If anyone's interested, I updated to the Verizon Voyager (which is the closest I'll get to the iPhone), and my ringtone is no longer "I Will Follow" by U2. I thought that sent the wrong message. It's now "That's the Way (My Love Is)" by the Smashing Pumpkins. Actually, this is the verse that rings out when people call:

"That's the way my love is
That's the way I care
You should call on me baby
I'm always there for you."




Smashing Pumpkins - That's the Way (My Love Is) from Zeitgeist



No comments: