Saturday, December 15, 2007

"We get so hungry, we eat each other alive..."

To end a wonderful and wintry day: Ben Lee fuzzy goodness.

Ben Lee - Hungry from Ripe. Ben Lee has been getting more comfortable and laid back each time I see him perform. He seems to have forgotten himself as a famous artist who has been entertaining and singing for his entire life and embracing the creative and fun side of musicianship. This is quite amazing, because it creates a casual atmosphere to his concerts and draws the audience in as friends rather than people who are paying to see someone put on a show. Ben Lee has always seemed like a caring and genuine individual and I am personally glad that this is showing through even more on the stage.




Random other things:
I've set my DVR to record Spongebob Squarepants - Atlantis Squarepantis. I'm 22 so I'm not hugely into Spongebob (if at all, though he is occasionally amusing. Gary owns though, not gonna lie), but David Bowie lends his voice to the role of the King of Atlantis. Kickin!

I watched this song on youtube after reading Gawker comments about a particular New York lothario and was incredibly amused. The Asian guy in the silver sparkly onesie is hilarious.
Mike O'Connell with Dr. Ken



Lastly, but certainly not least, I've had the website I Can Has Cheezburger? in my links section since I started this music blog. I think cat memes are funny, what can I say. Today, my friend Bruce's caption made the front page of the site! So check it out and pay his particular cat caption a visit.

2 comments:

Tun said...

Ben Lee has been putting together great songs for years now. He's always an easy listen and thats fine sometimes.I think his last two albums are full of gems.

Bed Head with a Borrowed Guitar said...

Tun, I have to agree with you completely. Ben Lee is the epitome of the phrase "easy listen." Also, Awake is the New Asleep is a perfect album to me, up there with The Cure's Disintegration or Radiohead's OK Computer. Ripe is still growing on me, but his talent can only expand and gain a wider audience.