Monday, November 12, 2007

"Your paranoia casts aspersions on the truths you know..."

I lasted a whole 1.5 posts with that theme!

I'm done with stuff from my not-sunshiney playlist. What's the point in highlighting angst or sadness thematically? That's no fun, right?

Anyway, for the Calvin Harris (well, Calvin Harris Lite) crowd, here's some Just Jack. Just Jack makes use of an entertaining (aka sitcommy) band name along with some basic old school electronic beats. The song that's been around for a while, "Starz in Their Eyes" is 90's Daria background music-esque combined with a looping measure that's almost Daft Punkish in nature. This is in addition to their sing songy spoken word lyrics. I don't know how the combination of three very different components creates such an infectious song, but it works. The hip-hop/dance/Brit sound may take a bit to grow on you, but surely enough, you will enjoy this song. I've noticed more radio stations have begun to play this lately, so I decided to put it up here in case, like me, people heard something they liked and wanted to know where to find it.



Just Jack - Starz in Their Eyes from Overtones

No comments: