Monday, July 23, 2007

"My kind's your kind..."

I've returned from Boston. I missed the last day or two of Boston-related blogging, so I figured I'd just finish it out right now.

Dani has a signature style. Band t-shirts, jeans, and comfy sneakers comprise the majority of what I see her wear, and if there's anyone to have a collection of emo-band t-shirts... but that emo label says nothing about her and the type of person she is. She's not melodramatic, her hair isn't asymmetrical, and she's one of the most direct people I know.

She's like that glasses wearing kid in SLC Punk. You don't realize what or who he is and then *bam* he knocks out some folks in a mosh pit.

I remember one night when she had just met someone right off the street and tried to prevent him from getting into a jeep with strangers. Or the time we went to Six Flags, we tried to determine which seat on the circular white water rafting tube would get the rider least wet. When we boarded the ride, she switched seats with me so that way I wouldn't get soaked. Awww.













Though he could not come to Boston due to other obligations, I figured I'd throw an anecdote about my friend Patrick into the mix. He is a large portion of Boston to me, and our stories are endless. There were always days that passed like minutes. We would have three or four hour dinners and just talk incessantly about anything and everything (though some people believed we only discussed the finer points of fashion). We are those kids who are so into hanging out that we do ridiculous things. One day (and probably more), we were talking online, decided to meet up, and after signing offline immediately called eachother and then talked on the phone while walking til we got to our destination, and then spent the day and evening having fun, and probably called eachother late at night after hanging out too.

I wanted to put up some Ben Lee music, but then I remembered a day when we were supposed to see the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and TV on the Radio do a free show in Government Center. We had already spent the entire day having tea, shopping, going to the museum to see the Americans in Paris exhibit, eating food, etc. Instead of making the show, we decided to have a cozy evening and propped ourselves up on pillows to watch two movies we rented (Bright Young Things, and The White Countess) before heading out that night.




Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Down Boy from their upcoming EP (whose release date is tomorrow) The Is Is.










Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Maps

No comments: